The Cedar Rapids Historic Preservation Commission established the Historic Asset Inventory Committee (HAIC) to create an inventory of historic properties in the community. The HAIC is made up of members from the Historic Preservation Commission and two community non-profits, Friends of Cedar Rapids Historic Preservation and Save CR Heritage. The purpose the of the inventory is to identify historic assets in the community to help prioritize proactive historic preservation strategies and promote public awareness of historic assets. The HAIC established a list of focus properties for the year to apply these strategies, which includes: owner outreach, local landmarking, adaptive reuse plans, National Register listing, and more.
- 1120, 1200, 1214, 1216, & 1246 2nd Avenue SE
- 917 & 925 2nd Street SE - Czech School
- 1541 1st Avenue SE
- 325 2nd Avenue SE - Dragon Chinese Restaurant
- 1508 1st Avenue NE - Office of Dr. Byron McKeeby
- 1317 3rd Street SE - Lesinger Block
- 309 8th Street SE - Abrams/Bollinger House
- 1103 3rd Street SE - CSPS Hall
- 1335 9th Street NW - Mother Mosque (Al-Nadi Al-Aslami Moslem Temple)
Full Historic Asset Inventory (link)
Inclusion on this inventory does not restrict property owners from making changes to their property. Please note that this inventory is still under development.