City of Cedar Rapids Releases Mobile App Update
The City of Cedar Rapids Mobile Application has been updated and is now available for download on the iTunes App Store and Droid Play Store by searching for “City of Cedar Rapids.”
New functionality enhancements to the app include:
• Significant upgrade to the overall design of the app
• Reorganization of some existing and new functions under two new features: “City Hall” and “Citizens”
• Links directly to City Council meeting agendas and indexed video
• Connects to “OpenGov,” the City's Financial Transparency website
• Allows visitors the ability to rent a park pavilion or equipment
• Added ability to find Nearest Park, Nearest Splash Pad, Nearest Library, and Zoning District under “My Neighborhood”
• “Where is the City bus?” link provides automated vehicle locating so residents can track where a bus is on the map
• Ability to view CRPD Crime Statistics
• Connects to payment center, allowing visitors to make payments to the City online
• Directly links to many frequently visited pages on the City's website, including: City Manager’s 1 Bag Challenge, City’s Sustainability Initiatives program, Parks Finder application, Assessor Parcel Viewer Map, and Right-of-Way Tree Identifier
The new app also maintains previous functionality, including "Clean Up CR" which allows residents to submit photos and details about areas of concern around the community, such as potholes, litter, and more. These submissions are routed to the appropriate department for resolution.
All Cedar Rapids residents are encouraged to use the mobile app to learn more about Cedar Rapids and connect with the City, and the "Clean Up CR" function to report issues in need of attention throughout the community.