Cedar Rapids Parks & Recreation Updates
Last Updated: March 30, 2021
The public is reminded to follow CDC guidelines when using parks including:
- Follow social distancing standards of a minimum of six feet between you and other park users.
- Do not gather in groups beyond members of your own household.
- Practice good personal hygiene – wash your hands regularly.
- Be aware that park restrooms are currently closed and water is not turned on. Please bring hand sanitizer with you.
- Please carry out any trash that is brought into the parks.
- If you have been sick in the last two weeks or have a cough, fever or other flu-like symptoms, stay home for the health and safety of yourself and others.
- Individuals 65 years of age and older, or those with underlying conditions, are strongly encouraged to stay at home to avoid potential exposures.
- Trail users on any trail system are encouraged to maintain distance between themselves and others by signaling your presence with your voice, bell, or horn, and stepping off the trail to allow others to pass.
The Parks Department has contracted with Boomerang Corp. for tree and debris removal in public parks. This contract is separate from the work underway to remove debris from public right-of-way. The contractors are working in the following Parks and they are currently closed to pedestrians and traffic.
CLOSED FOR TREE AND DEBRIS REMOVAL:
- Bever Park
- Cedar Hills
- Cherokee Park & Trail
- Ellis Park / Robbins Lake
- Ellis Golf
- Hughes Park
- Jacolyn Park
- Jones Park
- Kenwood Park
- Northview Park
- Prairie Park Fishery
- Sac & Fox Trail
- Shaver Park
- Time Check Park
- Van Vechten Park
(Van Vechten firewood cutting lot is permanently closed for flood control construction. The City of Cedar Rapids is currently evaluating other sites for the cutting yard and hopes to have a new site available by early summer.)
- Vets Memorial Tennis Center
PARKS AND TRAILS OPEN FOR USE - PLEASE USE CAUTION AROUND DEBRIS
Locate a Park Near You: Cedar Rapids Parks Finder
| Urban Core
- Bender Pool OPEN for lap swimming by advance reservation only
- Northwest Recreation Center Pickleball Courts OPEN for play by advance reservation only
- Northwest Recreation Center Basketball Courts OPEN for play by advance reservation only
- Tuma Sports Complex OPEN
- Twin Pines Clubhouse OPEN
- Ushers Ferry Lodge AVAILABLE for rentals
- City Services Center CLOSED
- Ellis, Gardner, Jones and Twin Pines Golf Courses CLOSED
- Noelridge Farmers' Market CLOSED for the season
- Noelridge Greenhouse CLOSED
- Northwest Recreation Center CLOSED
- Old MacDonald's Farm in Bever Park CLOSED
- Tait Cummins Sports Complex CLOSED
- Ushers Ferry Historic Village CLOSED
- Veterans Tennis Center CLOSED
Cancelled Programs and Events
- Bender Pool Pass and Punch Pass Sales and Renewals Suspended
Parks & Recreation Department Resources
- Golf (gift cards, punch pass, season pass): www.playcedarrapidsgolf.com
- Recreation (registration or refund inquiries): www.crrec.org
319-286-5566 (7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) email@example.com
- Recreation Cancellation Information: 319-286-5700
- Dog Park Passes HERE or call 319-286-5566 (option 1)
- Pavilion Rentals HERE or call 319-286-5566 (option 1)
- General Parks Questions, call 319-286-5760, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Forestry / Trees
Report a tree concern HERE
Online permit for tree planting in City right-of-way HERE