The McGrath Amphitheatre Cedar Rapids, 475 First Street SW, is a naturalized, outdoor amphitheater located on the west bank of the Cedar River near the police station. This community gathering space was designed to serve small free community programs as well as ticketed 5,000 person events.
- 40 foot x 60 foot stage with a fabric covering has permanent rigging and grid capabilities for amplified concerts.
- Three entrances serve the amphitheater, along 1st Street SW, along 3rd Avenue SW and along H Street SW.
- The amphitheater features three seating choices: chairs in front of the stage, seat walls and terraced lawns for blanket and lawn chair seating.
- The upper plaza can be used for tented VIP seating. Free Wi-Fi is available at six points within the amphitheater.
- The amphitheater is connected to Sunner Memorial Park. Sunner Memorial Park will be used for large event parking in addition to street parking and parking lots in the downtown area.
- The amphitheater serves a dual purpose and is the first segment of the flood protection system for the west side of the river. The back wall of the serves as a levee and a wall with removable flood panels separates the facility from 1st Street.
- The concert season is anticipated to be May through October; however, community events and activities will occur year-round.
BOOK THIS VENUE
City of Cedar Rapids
The Hall-Perrine Foundation
Cedar Rapids Metro Economic Alliance
GreatAmerica Financial Services
ImOn Communications LLC
United Fire Group
UnityPoint Health-St. Luke’s Hospital