Major medical service providers including Mercy Medical Center, Physicians' Clinic of Iowa and UnityPoint/St. Luke’s Hospital are committed to developing Cedar Rapids as a medical destination. Representatives from each of these major institutions serve on the commission, along with medical clinics and practices, property owners, and owners of other small and large businesses within the MedQuarter district boundaries.
The completion of the Hall-Perrine Cancer Center, Physicians' Clinic of Iowa’s Medical Pavilion and other developments within the area will help create a convenient, progressive and vibrant experience for patients and their families. The MedQuarter serves as a catalyst for business growth in hospitality, retail, dining, and more.
The MedQuarter SSMID Commission works closely with Executive Director, Phil Wasta and the staff at the Economic Alliance to carry out the commission's strategic plan and meet its goals. To learn more about the MedQuarter Regional Medical District, please visit www.themedquarter.com.
Agendas, packets and minutes
- John Albert, Jr. - Citywide Cleaners, Inc.
- Tim Charles - Mercy Medical Center
- Gordon Epping - First Lutheran Church, ELCA
- Michelle Jensen - CarePro Health Services
- Suzy McGrane-Hop - Gilded Pear Gallery
- Mary Meisterling - Alliant Energy/IPL
- Michelle Niermann - Unity Point Health - St. Lukes
- Okpara Rice (Vice Chair) - Tanager Place
- Karen Smith (Chair) - Republic Abstract & Settlement
- Dr. Julie Sterling - Family Medicine Specialists, P.C.
- Michael Sundall - Physicians' Clinic of Iowa, P.C.
- Dr. Sarah Wickenkamp - UI Pediatrics