Committed volunteers play an important role in shaping Cedar Rapids' future. Members of the City's boards, commissions and committees assist the Mayor and City Council in developing policies, procedures and services which reflect the needs and values of the entire Cedar Rapids community.
As a member of a City board, commission or committee, you serve as a respected community advisor to the Mayor and City Council.
- Attend meetings, be punctual, be considerate of others' points of view and be prepared to take an active role.
- Use every member's expertise.
- Analyze issues and act proactively.
- Make every attempt to follow the rules of fairness and objectivity in all activities concerning the board.
- Be sensitive to potential conflicts of interest.
Read ethics rules