Develop and monitor an annual community community work plan consisting of goals and objectives to address community wellbeing improvement through implementation of data-informed practices in areas including, but not limited to, physical, social, and emotional well-being for the Committee to pursue and report to the City Council.
Ensure implementation of work plan strategies to meet milestones through community committees and/or workgroups.
Review community data on wellbeing to identify and track opportunities for wellbeing improvement.
Provide recommendations to improve wellbeing in new and existing programs, services, and facilities.
Develop relationships with other organizations working to improve wellbeing, including serving as liaisons between the Committee and organizations to which Committee members belong.
Identify wellbeing needs and issues related to City programs, services, and facilities.
Disseminate information to all interested, affected, and/or concerned groups and citizens about City Council plans or decisions related to the Committee's work.
Actively engage in education and outreach activities related to healthy eating, active living, social support and stress reduction and recommend improvements to new or existing programs, services, and facilities of the City of Cedar Rapids.
Identify and collect community impact metrics to monitor wellbeing improvement.
At the end of each fiscal year, provide a report to the City Council on the work and accomplishments of the Committee.
- Seek out opportunities to discuss issues of wellbeing with residents in the community, and become familiar with the barriers and opportunities among residents.
- Consider any issue brought before it by the public that directly relates to issues of wellbeing in Cedar Rapids.
- Familiarize themselves with the status of existing City and County programs, services, and facilities.
- Actively participate in the Wellbeing Advisory Committee meetings, public information, and community involvement efforts.
Regular meetings are held at City Hall, 101 First Street SE, at 8:00 a.m. on the first Thursday of the month. All meeting agendas will be posted 24 hours prior to the meeting.
AGENDA, PACKETS AND MINUTES
- Adam Walter (2024), Co-Chair
- Emmaly Renshaw (2024), Co-Chair
- Brandon Jackson (2023)
- Lindsay Olson (2023)
- Vacant (2023)
- Amy Hockett (2024)
- Vacant (K-12 School District Rep) (2024)
- Abbey Ferenzi (2025)
- Elizabeth Moore (2025)
Healthy Cedar Rapids Social Media Pages: