Brad G. Hart
Cedar Rapids Mayor
Professional Background: Brad has been a successful business lawyer for almost 40 years, first in Houston, Texas, and since 1990 in Cedar Rapids at the firm of Bradley & Riley PC. His professional recognition includes the highest rating from Martindale Hubbell, being listed in Best Lawyers in America and Chambers and being named the Lawyer of the Year in Iowa for Corporate and Mergers & Acquisitions Law. Brad retired from Bradley & Riley at the end of 2020.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree, Iowa State University, 1978; Juris Doctorate with honors, Houston College of Law, Houston, Texas, 1982
Community: Brad volunteers hundreds of hours each year and has been actively involved with more than a dozen community organizations and causes, including serving as board chair for the Cedar Rapids Chamber of Commerce, Young Parents Network, Horizons and United Way of East Central Iowa.
His volunteer services have been recognized with the following awards:
- Northcott Award for outstanding service to United Way of East Central Iowa 2016
- Linn County Bar Association Citizenship Award 2016
- Cedar Rapids Five Seasons Citizenship Award 2013
- Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser (with Jade Hart and Gary and Susie Streit) from the Association of Fundraising Professionals for co-chairing the new Cedar Rapids Public Library Capital Campaign 2012
- Community Trustee Award for the Leadership for Five Seasons Program 2003
Personal: Brad and his wife, Jade, have been active members of this community for more than a quarter century now. They are parents to son, Will, who lives in Denver, and daughter, Alison, who lives in Geneva, IL with her husband, Tom, and “Brad’s” two grandchildren, Jimmy and Grace.