Building Services Payments
Payments for permits, professional licenses, zoning clearance permits, and plans provided at City Services for Building and Development Services can be made in the following manner:
- You may visit our office at 500 15th Ave. SW (second floor) in person and provide cash, checks, credit cards (Visa, MasterCard & Discover), money orders and certified checks. Please make checks payable to City Treasurer.
- You may also mail in a check, money order, or certified check to the same address, please indicate the permit number and address for which the payment is to be applied. Please make checks payable to City Treasurer.
- You may also use our new online payment system, Tyler Pay, for credit card payments and e-checks by following the instructions below:
Tyler Pay Sign-Up Instructions
- Click on this link https://cedarrapidsia-energovpub.tylerhost.net/apps/selfservice to open up the City of Cedar Rapids Citizen Self-Service portal
- In the upper right hand corner of the screen, click on the “Login or Register” link.
- At the bottom of the box that appears, is the option to “Sign up.” Click on that link.
- When setting up an account to see pending invoices, plans, permits, licenses where multiple people in your organization will need access to the records or make payments, use an email address that everyone who might want access to the account can see. For example, four different employees might at some point need to pay an invoice using your company credit card. Use a group email address already accessible to multiple company employees for your company such as “email@example.com” or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enter in a password for this general account.
- Enter in your first name.
- Enter in your last name.
- Click on the Sign Up button.
- Within a minute or two, you will receive an email asking you to activate your account. Click on the “Activate Account” option and go through the login process.
- Once you have completed this process and successfully logged into the account, send an email to Scott Foens at email@example.com. Include your name the business name the account will need access to. He will process your account so that previously created invoices, permits, plans and licenses appear on the citizen self-service website.
Once your account has been set up, it can be used for payments. Additional features such as applying for permits and scheduling inspections will be available at a later date.