The Corridor MPO is responsible for the annual Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) process, which allocates federal Surface Transportation Block Grant (STBG) and Transportation Alternative Program (TAP) funds to regional transportation projects. These funds primarily come from federal and state gas tax revenue. Every year member jurisdictions can apply to receive federal funding through the TIP for projects in the Fiscally Constrained Project List in the Long Range Transportation Plan.
- September: TIP applications are released to member jurisdictions by the Policy Board
- Early December: TIP applications are due to the MPO
- January - April: TIP applications are reviewed by TTAC and the Executive Committee. Each committee makes a funding recommendation to the Policy Board prior to their May meeting
- 3rd Thursday in May: Policy Board selects projects to be included in the TIP and adopts draft TIP
- July: Final TIP is submitted to the Iowa DOT by MPO staff