Spring Cleanup Underway | Derecho Recovery
Spring Cleanup Underway | Derecho Recovery
May 29, 2021
- Instant text/email alerts from the City | Subscribe Now
- City Facebook | City Twitter | City Nextdoor | City Instagram
Bookmark this page, as it will be frequently updated with the latest information.
*** TREE DEBRIS PICKUP THIS SPRING ***
A final collection of curb-side tree debris will be held this spring. Other spring activities will include final removals of street trees, additional park clean-up, tree re-planting along the right-of-way, and addressing any missed piles. Additional information on these efforts will be released at a later date.
- Debris pickup: 319-286-5812
- Tree removals, replanting: 319-286-5566
Neighborhood collection is underway. View a map to see where crews are working.
Right-of-Way Stumps & Replanting
Information on street tree removals, stumps, and replanting in the City's right-of-way.
Non-organic Debris Removal
Cubside collection is complete. Find additional resources for disposal of nonorganic debris.
Information on this Page
Frequently Asked QuestionsDepartment Phone Numbers
Volunteers are being sought to help identify remaining obstacles residents are facing in derecho recovery and help refer them to available resources. LEARN MORE.
There are a variety of volunteer opportunities for residents who wish to assist with derecho-related cleanup efforts, including organized neighborhood clean-ups, golf course and parks cleanup. Visit the City’s Municipal Volunteer Program (MVP) page for details.
Planting / Mulch / Compost
- FREE compost and mulch available at the Linn County Solid Waste Agency while supplies last: solidwasteagency.org | 319-398-5163
- Right-of-Way Planting
- ReLeaf Cedar Rapids
- Street Tree Finder:
Residents can look up their street tree online to determine if it’s a City-owned tree, using Tree Finder. Type your address into the search box to find your property and to view the City-owned trees and planting spaces.
- Community Resources Remain Available for Derecho Assistance
- PATCH Program - Housing Rehabilitation
A donation-based program that assists homeowners with repairs or a gap loan for repairs: http://www.ecicog.org/patch.html
- Tree Removal Assistance
For tree removal needs on private property, the City is collaborating with United Way of East Central Iowa and Waypoint to match resident needs to volunteer groups with the appropriate skills. Please contact Waypoint at 319-366-7999 for additional information.
- Other derecho recovery needs | Contact HACAP (319-739-0056)
- Crisis Hotline | Contact Foundation 2 to speak to a trained counselor (319-362-2174)
- Business Resources | View Online | Courtesy Cedar Rapids Metro Economic Alliance
- FEMA Individual Assistance | View Details
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Loans for Business & Residential | Flyer: english | español
- Linn County | Storm Response
- Linn County Solid Waste Agency | Debris Disposal
- Business Storm Loss | Complete Questionnaire
- Community Resource | Iowa Storm Help 319-432-9754 | 4001 1st Ave SE
- Parks and Recreation:
- Building Permits | (319) 286-5929 | home repair resource page
- Right-of-Way Permits (driveway, sidewalk work, etc.) | ROW permits
Private Utility Resources
- IMON | 319-298-6484 | email@example.com
- Iowa Communication Network | 800-572-3940 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- ITC Midwest | 319-297-6843 | email@example.com
- CenturyLink | 1-800-244-1111
- Mediacom | 855-MEDIACOM
- Linn County Rec | 888-271-6250 | https://www.linncountyrec.com/service-and-reliability/outage-management/
- MidAmerican | 1-888-427-5632
- Alliant Energy Street Lights | https://www.alliantenergy.com/CustomerService/AlliantEnergyService/OutageCenter/RequestaStreetlightRepair
- 6/10/21 - View Press Release
- 5/29/21 - View Press Release
- 5/4/21 - View Press Release
- 4/27/21 - View Press Release
- 4/23/21 - View Press Release
- 4/20/21 - View Press Release
- 4/14/21 - View Press Release
- 3/19/21 - View Press Release
- 1/12/2021 - View Press Release
- 12/16/2020 - View Press Release
- 11/24/2020 - View Press Release
- 11/12/2020 - View Press Release
- 10/30/2020 - View Press Release
- 10/22/2020 - View Press Release
- 10/7/2020 - View Press Release
- 8/24/20 - Watch News Conference // View Press Release
- 8/21/20 - Watch News Conference // View Press Release
- 8/20/20 - Watch News Conference // View Press Release
- 8/19/20 - Watch News Conference // View Press Release
- 8/18/20 - Watch News Conference // View Press Release
- 8/17/20 - News Conference: Part 1 | Part 2 // View Press Release
- 8/14/20 - Watch News Conference
- 8/13/20 - Watch News Conference
- 8/12/20 - View Press Release
- 8/11/20 - View Press Release
- 8/10/20 - View Press Release #1, Release #2
Find archive information related to initial disaster recovery efforts.