Garden Plot Rentals
Garden plots are available for public rental at three City facilities. Plots are approximately 20 x 50 feet. Water is available at Tuma Park and at the area near Gardner Golf Course. The Parks & Recreation Department tills the gardens each spring and fall.
- Ellis Park, 916 Ellis Boulevard NW
- Gardens near Gardner Golf Course, Hwy 13 and Golf Course Road SE
- Tuma Park, 3239 C Avenue Extension, Marion, IA
Individuals who hold current garden plot leases may renew the same plot each year prior to plots being open to the public. Unclaimed plots are made available to the public each March.
- Letters sent out for garden plot renewals - January 15, 2022
- Garden plot renewal deadline - February 18, 2022
- Garden plots open to public - March 8, 2022
- Plots open at 8am at NW Rec only (1340 11th St. NW). After March 8th plots available at either NW Rec or City Services Center (500 15th Ave SW).
- End of season - October 9, 2022
The following guidelines apply when renting garden space from the City of Cedar Rapids. Please contact us at 319-286-5566 if you need your lease translated.
Each parcel is designated and delineated by the Parks & Recreation Department.
The leased property is to be used for garden purposes only.
Gardens may be used between the spring and fall growing seasons. Garden plots must be cleared by end of season date on lease.
Gardens may only be used to grow products for personal use and not to grow items for sale.
Gardens must be kept free of debris and weeds during the leased period.
Only garden plot renters are permitted to use the land.
Loss of products or property are not the responsibility of the City of Cedar Rapids. Ellis Park is subject to potential flooding. The Parks and Recreation Department is not responsible for loss of items due to flooding.
View garden plot locations on the interactive Parks Finder application.